2nd and 3rd email addresses 
Author Message
 2nd and 3rd email addresses

I know this may sound elementary, but how do you use the
2nd and 3rd e-mail addresses in Outlook 2002?

When you click on the "TO" button you will see as many as
three of the same name in your names list, however they
are all associated with the primary e-mail name.  There
seems to be no real way to use the 2nd and 3rd e-mail
addresses, and actually you just need to build the same
contact as three separte contacts in your address book.

Has anyone figred out the trick to using the 2nd, and/or
3rd e-mail address?



Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:12:02 GMT  
 2nd and 3rd email addresses
Not so. Each e-mail address is listed separately in the Outlook 2002 Address
Book.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Quote:
> I know this may sound elementary, but how do you use the
> 2nd and 3rd e-mail addresses in Outlook 2002?

> When you click on the "TO" button you will see as many as
> three of the same name in your names list, however they
> are all associated with the primary e-mail name.  There
> seems to be no real way to use the 2nd and 3rd e-mail
> addresses, and actually you just need to build the same
> contact as three separte contacts in your address book.

> Has anyone figred out the trick to using the 2nd, and/or
> 3rd e-mail address?



Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:45:26 GMT  
 2nd and 3rd email addresses
If you scroll to the right in the address book, you'll see the individual email addresses for each.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com
Author of
     Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart
     for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
     http://www.slipstick.com/books/jumpstart.htm
Quote:

> I know this may sound elementary, but how do you use the
> 2nd and 3rd e-mail addresses in Outlook 2002?

> When you click on the "TO" button you will see as many as
> three of the same name in your names list, however they
> are all associated with the primary e-mail name.  There
> seems to be no real way to use the 2nd and 3rd e-mail
> addresses, and actually you just need to build the same
> contact as three separte contacts in your address book.

> Has anyone figred out the trick to using the 2nd, and/or
> 3rd e-mail address?



Mon, 20 Jun 2005 11:54:35 GMT  
 2nd and 3rd email addresses
Thanks Russ,

My fault. I had not noticed the horizontal scroll bar.
If you have any inout to product updates, perhaps you
could suggest that they make that window sizeable, so you
can see more than just the first column.

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Not so. Each e-mail address is listed separately in the

Outlook 2002 Address
Quote:
>Book.
>--
>Russ Valentine
>[MVP-Outlook]


>> I know this may sound elementary, but how do you use the
>> 2nd and 3rd e-mail addresses in Outlook 2002?

>> When you click on the "TO" button you will see as many
as
>> three of the same name in your names list, however they
>> are all associated with the primary e-mail name.  There
>> seems to be no real way to use the 2nd and 3rd e-mail
>> addresses, and actually you just need to build the same
>> contact as three separte contacts in your address book.

>> Has anyone figred out the trick to using the 2nd, and/or
>> 3rd e-mail address?

>.



Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:52:44 GMT  
 2nd and 3rd email addresses
Thanks Sue,

Thats what I was missing.  Never noticed the horizontal
scroll bar.

Now if I could just widen that window so I could have a
better view in the first place.

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>If you scroll to the right in the address book, you'll

see the individual email addresses for each.
Quote:
>--
>Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com
>Author of
>     Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart
>     for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>     http://www.slipstick.com/books/jumpstart.htm




Quote:
>> I know this may sound elementary, but how do you use
the
>> 2nd and 3rd e-mail addresses in Outlook 2002?

>> When you click on the "TO" button you will see as many
as
>> three of the same name in your names list, however they
>> are all associated with the primary e-mail name.  There
>> seems to be no real way to use the 2nd and 3rd e-mail
>> addresses, and actually you just need to build the same
>> contact as three separte contacts in your address book.

>> Has anyone figred out the trick to using the 2nd,
and/or
>> 3rd e-mail address?

>.



Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:49:55 GMT  
 2nd and 3rd email addresses
Done. Probably won't happen until the next version, though.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Quote:
> Thanks Russ,

> My fault. I had not noticed the horizontal scroll bar.
> If you have any inout to product updates, perhaps you
> could suggest that they make that window sizeable, so you
> can see more than just the first column.

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Not so. Each e-mail address is listed separately in the
> Outlook 2002 Address
> >Book.
> >--
> >Russ Valentine
> >[MVP-Outlook]


> >> I know this may sound elementary, but how do you use the
> >> 2nd and 3rd e-mail addresses in Outlook 2002?

> >> When you click on the "TO" button you will see as many
> as
> >> three of the same name in your names list, however they
> >> are all associated with the primary e-mail name.  There
> >> seems to be no real way to use the 2nd and 3rd e-mail
> >> addresses, and actually you just need to build the same
> >> contact as three separte contacts in your address book.

> >> Has anyone figred out the trick to using the 2nd, and/or
> >> 3rd e-mail address?

> >.



Tue, 21 Jun 2005 19:02:57 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Email Address - Using the 2nd and 3rd Email Address Option

2. Resolve to 2nd or 3rd email

3. ? TO: address expands to whole email address - 2nd post

4. Hide email addresses from 3rd parties

5. Get 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Letter From a String

6. OFFSET with array 2nd or 3rd argument

7. Using 2nd and 3rd digits in a cell...

8. Delete every 2nd and 3rd row- VBA

9. Deleting every 2nd and 3rd row

10. OFFSET with array 2nd or 3rd argument


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group