column A in sheet A linked to all sheets in workbook 
Author Message
 column A in sheet A linked to all sheets in workbook

Good Day!

Have the following situation.  User is using WIN2000 with
Excel 2000 Pro:

User has one workbook with 16 sheets.  She wants Column A
from Sheet1 to be the same for all sheets.  Now for the
tricky part:  if she changes any data in Column A in
Sheet1 she wants that change to automatically be reflected
in Column A in the other sheets.  Thus, the simple copy
and paste will not work.  I know that this can be done
because I did it three years ago for my father's business
but I can not remember how anymore.

Thanks,

Sammy  



Sun, 07 Mar 2004 21:39:49 GMT  
 column A in sheet A linked to all sheets in workbook
Select the column, then on each of the other sheets, Edit>Paste
Special>Paste Link.
Quote:

> Good Day!

> Have the following situation.  User is using WIN2000 with
> Excel 2000 Pro:

> User has one workbook with 16 sheets.  She wants Column A
> from Sheet1 to be the same for all sheets.  Now for the
> tricky part:  if she changes any data in Column A in
> Sheet1 she wants that change to automatically be reflected
> in Column A in the other sheets.  Thus, the simple copy
> and paste will not work.  I know that this can be done
> because I did it three years ago for my father's business
> but I can not remember how anymore.

> Thanks,

> Sammy



Sun, 07 Mar 2004 22:00:05 GMT  
 column A in sheet A linked to all sheets in workbook
That is it!!!!!  i was actually thinking about this
morning on the way to work...Thanks!!!!

Sammy

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Select the column, then on each of the other sheets,
Edit>Paste
>Special>Paste Link.


>> Good Day!

>> Have the following situation.  User is using WIN2000
with
>> Excel 2000 Pro:

>> User has one workbook with 16 sheets.  She wants Column
A
>> from Sheet1 to be the same for all sheets.  Now for the
>> tricky part:  if she changes any data in Column A in
>> Sheet1 she wants that change to automatically be
reflected
>> in Column A in the other sheets.  Thus, the simple copy
>> and paste will not work.  I know that this can be done
>> because I did it three years ago for my father's
business
>> but I can not remember how anymore.

>> Thanks,

>> Sammy

>.



Mon, 08 Mar 2004 03:06:14 GMT  
 column A in sheet A linked to all sheets in workbook
HELP!!!!

The only option that I have is to paste it as a .bmp
file.  It actually turns out to be a pdf icon with which I
can do nothing!!!!  What am I doing wrong????
Sammy

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Select the column, then on each of the other sheets,
Edit>Paste
>Special>Paste Link.


>> Good Day!

>> Have the following situation.  User is using WIN2000
with
>> Excel 2000 Pro:

>> User has one workbook with 16 sheets.  She wants Column
A
>> from Sheet1 to be the same for all sheets.  Now for the
>> tricky part:  if she changes any data in Column A in
>> Sheet1 she wants that change to automatically be
reflected
>> in Column A in the other sheets.  Thus, the simple copy
>> and paste will not work.  I know that this can be done
>> because I did it three years ago for my father's
business
>> but I can not remember how anymore.

>> Thanks,

>> Sammy

>.



Mon, 08 Mar 2004 03:13:48 GMT  
 column A in sheet A linked to all sheets in workbook
Disregard the HELP!!! message..as we like to say in the
industry..user error!  I was a knucklehad.  All is good!

Sammy

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>That is it!!!!!  i was actually thinking about this
>morning on the way to work...Thanks!!!!

>Sammy
>>-----Original Message-----
>>Select the column, then on each of the other sheets,
>Edit>Paste
>>Special>Paste Link.


>>> Good Day!

>>> Have the following situation.  User is using WIN2000
>with
>>> Excel 2000 Pro:

>>> User has one workbook with 16 sheets.  She wants
Column
>A
>>> from Sheet1 to be the same for all sheets.  Now for the
>>> tricky part:  if she changes any data in Column A in
>>> Sheet1 she wants that change to automatically be
>reflected
>>> in Column A in the other sheets.  Thus, the simple copy
>>> and paste will not work.  I know that this can be done
>>> because I did it three years ago for my father's
>business
>>> but I can not remember how anymore.

>>> Thanks,

>>> Sammy

>>.

>.



Mon, 08 Mar 2004 03:18:15 GMT  
 column A in sheet A linked to all sheets in workbook
Short of being there to look over your shoulder it is impossible to
tell what you are doing wrong. Are you working in XL?

Perhaps you stopped the "marching ants" before you pasted. Go back
and select the column again, Edit>Copy then go to the new location,
select a cell or column and Edit>Paste>Special>Paste Link.

Quote:

> HELP!!!!

> The only option that I have is to paste it as a .bmp
> file.  It actually turns out to be a pdf icon with which I
> can do nothing!!!!  What am I doing wrong????
> Sammy

> >-----Original Message-----
> >Select the column, then on each of the other sheets,
> Edit>Paste

> >Special>Paste Link.


> >> Good Day!

> >> Have the following situation.  User is using WIN2000
> with
> >> Excel 2000 Pro:

> >> User has one workbook with 16 sheets.  She wants Column
> A
> >> from Sheet1 to be the same for all sheets.  Now for the
> >> tricky part:  if she changes any data in Column A in
> >> Sheet1 she wants that change to automatically be
> reflected
> >> in Column A in the other sheets.  Thus, the simple copy
> >> and paste will not work.  I know that this can be done
> >> because I did it three years ago for my father's
> business
> >> but I can not remember how anymore.

> >> Thanks,

> >> Sammy

> >.



Mon, 08 Mar 2004 03:22:58 GMT  
 column A in sheet A linked to all sheets in workbook
Group all the sheets together when you want to do
something in column A and the changes will be reflected
through the whole document.

Good Luck

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>Good Day!

>Have the following situation.  User is using WIN2000
with
>Excel 2000 Pro:

>User has one workbook with 16 sheets.  She wants Column
A
>from Sheet1 to be the same for all sheets.  Now for the
>tricky part:  if she changes any data in Column A in
>Sheet1 she wants that change to automatically be
reflected
>in Column A in the other sheets.  Thus, the simple copy
>and paste will not work.  I know that this can be done
>because I did it three years ago for my father's
business
>but I can not remember how anymore.

>Thanks,

>Sammy  
>.



Tue, 09 Mar 2004 02:34:56 GMT  
 
 [ 7 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Ccomparing 2 sheets in same workbook or 2 sheets in diff.workbooks

2. need loop to copy from several sheets to another workbook sheet

3. Addressing closed workbook sheets / sheet names

4. Exporting a single sheet from multi sheet workbook

5. Exporting a single sheet from multi sheet workbook

6. Getting sheet count and sheet names from a closed workbook

7. How do I put an index on 1st sheet of multi-sheet workbook

8. Copy a range from a sheet of another workbook into active sheet

9. How do I attach to email only 1 sheet of a 5 Sheet workbook

10. Multi-sheet Workbook How Make All Sheets Same Page Setup


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group