Help - outgoing messages cannot be read 
Author Message
 Help - outgoing messages cannot be read

Hi!
I have a friend that has problems with his new installation of Outlook
Express for Mac. The problem is that nobody, including me, cannot read the
text in the message just the header. Because  I am not familiar with Mac:s I
have problems to help him. Seems that it is something wrong with the
encoding of the message-text.

We are thankful for any help!

/Jonas



Tue, 24 Feb 2004 02:31:11 GMT  
 Help - outgoing messages cannot be read

Quote:

> Hi!
> I have a friend that has problems with his new installation of Outlook
> Express for Mac. The problem is that nobody, including me, cannot read the
> text in the message just the header. Because  I am not familiar with Mac:s I
> have problems to help him. Seems that it is something wrong with the
> encoding of the message-text.

> We are thankful for any help!

Tell your friend:

You have garbage characters in the Custom Headers for your account. You can
try to delete these headers by going to Tools:Accounts, editing the account,
choosing the Options tab, and deleting all of the data in all of the Custom
Headers.

Or a better way is to delete the account and re-create it without using the
Account Setup Assistant.



Tue, 24 Feb 2004 03:04:02 GMT  
 Help - outgoing messages cannot be read
I am sorry but that did not help. First of all there were no garbage
character in the headers, they were empty. Anyway we deleted the old account
and made a new. The problem was still there. More suggestions?

/Jonas


Quote:


> > Hi!
> > I have a friend that has problems with his new installation of Outlook
> > Express for Mac. The problem is that nobody, including me, cannot read
the
> > text in the message just the header. Because  I am not familiar with
Mac:s I
> > have problems to help him. Seems that it is something wrong with the
> > encoding of the message-text.

> > We are thankful for any help!

> Tell your friend:

> You have garbage characters in the Custom Headers for your account. You
can
> try to delete these headers by going to Tools:Accounts, editing the
account,
> choosing the Options tab, and deleting all of the data in all of the
Custom
> Headers.

> Or a better way is to delete the account and re-create it without using
the
> Account Setup Assistant.



Tue, 24 Feb 2004 03:52:16 GMT  
 Help - outgoing messages cannot be read
Have you tried the menu "Format" - "teckenupps?ttning" and choos anything
with Mac. Try some different choices.

/michael



Quote:
> I am sorry but that did not help. First of all there were no garbage
> character in the headers, they were empty. Anyway we deleted the old account
> and made a new. The problem was still there. More suggestions?

> /Jonas





>>> Hi!
>>> I have a friend that has problems with his new installation of Outlook
>>> Express for Mac. The problem is that nobody, including me, cannot read
> the
>>> text in the message just the header. Because  I am not familiar with
> Mac:s I
>>> have problems to help him. Seems that it is something wrong with the
>>> encoding of the message-text.

>>> We are thankful for any help!

>> Tell your friend:

>> You have garbage characters in the Custom Headers for your account. You
> can
>> try to delete these headers by going to Tools:Accounts, editing the
> account,
>> choosing the Options tab, and deleting all of the data in all of the
> Custom
>> Headers.

>> Or a better way is to delete the account and re-create it without using
> the
>> Account Setup Assistant.



Tue, 02 Mar 2004 21:52:41 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Cannot read messages in OE5 -HELP

2. Cannot delete outgoing message in POP configuration

3. Message rule: mark outgoing mail as read

4. cannot send outgoing messages

5. Cannot Get Spellcheck To Work On My Outgoing Messages

6. Cannot Delete Outgoing Messages

7. BeforeUpdate and OldValue Am I reading help correctly?

8. HELP, Outgoing mail message stuck, IMPORTANT

9. Lost stored incoming + outgoing messages *** HELP ***

10. Outlook 2003 Beta cannot read messages


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group