Import oe 5 Windows from oe 5 mac 
Author Message
 Import oe 5 Windows from oe 5 mac

Does someone has an idee to import all my messages stored in oe 5 Macintosh
into oe 5 for Windows?
--
Jean-Luc


Fri, 10 Oct 2003 17:38:40 GMT  
 Import oe 5 Windows from oe 5 mac

Quote:

> Does someone has an idee to import all my messages stored in oe 5 Macintosh
> into oe 5 for Windows?

* Go to <http://www.mailandnews.com> and sign up for an IMAP account
* Set up that account in Mac Outlook Express
* Create folders in your new IMAP account that mimic the folders for your
mail in OE
* Go into each folder within Mac OE, select all messages, and drag them to
the appropriate folder in your new IMAP account
* On the Windows side, set up the IMAP account in your Windows email client

You should now be able to access your mail.



Sat, 11 Oct 2003 02:35:47 GMT  
 Import oe 5 Windows from oe 5 mac


Quote:


>> Does someone has an idee to import all my messages stored in oe 5 Macintosh
>> into oe 5 for Windows?

> * Go to <http://www.mailandnews.com> and sign up for an IMAP account
> * Set up that account in Mac Outlook Express
> * Create folders in your new IMAP account that mimic the folders for your
> mail in OE
> * Go into each folder within Mac OE, select all messages, and drag them to
> the appropriate folder in your new IMAP account
> * On the Windows side, set up the IMAP account in your Windows email client

> You should now be able to access your mail.

Trying the steps described below to migrate from the OE PC to Mac.  I've
created on mailandnews.com, then created the IMAP account in OE.

Having problems with the OE PC IMAP account, probably related to the IMAP
Folder Settings under IMAP Account Properties.  Another suspect is security
settings.  I did not define any folders in OE PC because I'm not sure of
naming conventions for the mailandnews.com account.  Also, wondering if
there are any special password or security considerations when setting up
the account in OE PC for mailandnews.com.

BTW, I did create the IMAP account in MAC OE and was able to access with no
problem.  

Thanks-
Frank E



Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:08:57 GMT  
 Import oe 5 Windows from oe 5 mac


Quote:




>>> Does someone has an idee to import all my messages stored in oe 5 Macintosh
>>> into oe 5 for Windows?

>> * Go to <http://www.mailandnews.com> and sign up for an IMAP account
>> * Set up that account in Mac Outlook Express
>> * Create folders in your new IMAP account that mimic the folders for your
>> mail in OE
>> * Go into each folder within Mac OE, select all messages, and drag them to
>> the appropriate folder in your new IMAP account
>> * On the Windows side, set up the IMAP account in your Windows email client

>> You should now be able to access your mail.

> Trying the steps described below to migrate from the OE PC to Mac.  I've
> created on mailandnews.com, then created the IMAP account in OE.

> Having problems with the OE PC IMAP account, probably related to the IMAP
> Folder Settings under IMAP Account Properties.  Another suspect is security
> settings.  I did not define any folders in OE PC because I'm not sure of
> naming conventions for the mailandnews.com account.  Also, wondering if
> there are any special password or security considerations when setting up
> the account in OE PC for mailandnews.com.

> BTW, I did create the IMAP account in MAC OE and was able to access with no
> problem.  

> Thanks-
> Frank E

Cancel this.  Works beautifully.   There was an obvious configuration error
on my part.  Recommended method is terrific, but a bit slow for loads of
e-mail with a slow phone connection (52k).

Regards,
FAE



Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:41:02 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Convert MAC OE messages to Windows OE 6

2. OE MAC to OE Windows

3. JPG in Mac OE versus Windows OE

4. Importing Address Book from OE on Mac sys 9 to OE sys X

5. importing OE address book from Mac version 5.0 to Windows version 6.0

6. Export/Import contact from OE mac to OL2001 mac

7. Import OE from Windows ME to Windows XP

8. Migrating users from Mac IM/OE to PC Outlook/OE

9. O.E. 5 (Mac) to O.E. 6 (PC)

10. transferring OE Mac email to OE on a PC


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group