Duplicate Pop3 mails Help please! 
Author Message
 Duplicate Pop3 mails Help please!

There was a blackout on my ISP mail servers the other day. Since then
Outlook 2002 is picking up the same messages each time it checks my pop3
mail account! This is very annoying as my inbox gets jammed with multiple
copies of messages I have already recieved which I then have to delete.

Outlook Express 6 on the other hand does not have this problem when it
checks the same account picking up new mails only in the correct manner.

Why do I leave mails on the server? Because I use a laptop and want a second
PC at home to be able to access the same account. Always worked until now, I
have changed nothing at my end so what is happening??

I can find no way of coaxing Outlook 2002 into believing that it has already
recieved mails. Any help anyone can offer gratefully recieved!



Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:41:53 GMT  
 Duplicate Pop3 mails Help please!
Does one machine actually delete the items from the mailbox?


Quote:
> There was a blackout on my ISP mail servers the other day. Since then
> Outlook 2002 is picking up the same messages each time it checks my pop3
> mail account! This is very annoying as my inbox gets jammed with multiple
> copies of messages I have already recieved which I then have to delete.

> Outlook Express 6 on the other hand does not have this problem when it
> checks the same account picking up new mails only in the correct manner.

> Why do I leave mails on the server? Because I use a laptop and want a
second
> PC at home to be able to access the same account. Always worked until now,
I
> have changed nothing at my end so what is happening??

> I can find no way of coaxing Outlook 2002 into believing that it has
already
> recieved mails. Any help anyone can offer gratefully recieved!



Sat, 24 Jul 2004 20:51:55 GMT  
 Duplicate Pop3 mails Help please!
Yes after a period of time. I leave mails up for some days to make sure I
get them all on both machines. Like I say never a problem before to do this.



Quote:
> Does one machine actually delete the items from the mailbox?



> > There was a blackout on my ISP mail servers the other day. Since then
> > Outlook 2002 is picking up the same messages each time it checks my pop3
> > mail account! This is very annoying as my inbox gets jammed with
multiple
> > copies of messages I have already recieved which I then have to delete.

> > Outlook Express 6 on the other hand does not have this problem when it
> > checks the same account picking up new mails only in the correct manner.

> > Why do I leave mails on the server? Because I use a laptop and want a
> second
> > PC at home to be able to access the same account. Always worked until
now,
> I
> > have changed nothing at my end so what is happening??

> > I can find no way of coaxing Outlook 2002 into believing that it has
> already
> > recieved mails. Any help anyone can offer gratefully recieved!



Sun, 25 Jul 2004 01:49:00 GMT  
 Duplicate Pop3 mails Help please!
How do you delete them?


Quote:
> Yes after a period of time. I leave mails up for some days to make sure I
> get them all on both machines. Like I say never a problem before to do

this.


Sun, 25 Jul 2004 02:07:49 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. POP3 e-mail distribution on network - Please help

2. Duplicate E-mails POP3/Exchange 5.5

3. duplicate mail from POP3 server

4. POP3 Mail duplicate messages in OL98

5. Duplicate Mails in Inbox from POP3 Mailbox

6. help please, help please, help please, help please

7. Please,please,please HELP!-cannot import mail from OE to OE

8. Outlook and POP3 help please

9. Outlook POP3 server problem - please help

10. O2K POP3 problem please help


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group