Outlook 2ooo Sending in Word 
Author Message
 Outlook 2ooo Sending in Word

When I configure an email in word using underlined text, numbers, bold
text etc., it is not always received looking the wayu I wrote it.

What might I be doing wrong?

TIA

Louise



Tue, 08 Jul 2003 13:06:39 GMT  
 Outlook 2ooo Sending in Word
If you are behind an Exchange server, the administrator can level your rich
text message to plain text.  Other things to consider is that formatting is
a pain w/ Outlook's editor.  If you need that extra security with Rich Text
Format messages, use Word as your email editor to get the job done.

--
Neo [MVP-Outlook]

Are you considering installing the Email Security Patch or Office 2000
Service Pack 2?
Read this page first and consider your choice carefully if you depend on
accessing specific attachments or have programs that need access to
Outlook's address book.
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm


Quote:
> When I configure an email in word using underlined text, numbers, bold
> text etc., it is not always received looking the wayu I wrote it.

> What might I be doing wrong?

> TIA

> Louise



Tue, 08 Jul 2003 15:07:33 GMT  
 Outlook 2ooo Sending in Word

Quote:
> If you are behind an Exchange server, the administrator can level your rich
> text message to plain text.  Other things to consider is that formatting is
> a pain w/ Outlook's editor.  If you need that extra security with Rich Text
> Format messages, use Word as your email editor to get the job done.

> --
> Neo [MVP-Outlook]

> Are you considering installing the Email Security Patch or Office 2000
> Service Pack 2?
> Read this page first and consider your choice carefully if you depend on
> accessing specific attachments or have programs that need access to
> Outlook's address book.
> http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm



> > When I configure an email in word using underlined text, numbers, bold
> > text etc., it is not always received looking the wayu I wrote it.

> > What might I be doing wrong?

> > TIA

> > Louise

It's an individual free standing machine and I'm using Outlook 2000.  

I did start using Word as my email editor but certain functions don't
seem to work correctly.  When I compose the message, underlined and bold
work fine.  But when it is received (this time by another email account
on my own machine), underline and bold are both gone although other
formatting such as numbered paragraphs, are fine.

Any ideas?

Louise



Tue, 08 Jul 2003 20:46:41 GMT  
 Outlook 2ooo Sending in Word
What message format are you using?  (See Tools | Options | Mail Format.)


Quote:

> > If you are behind an Exchange server, the administrator can level your
rich
> > text message to plain text.  Other things to consider is that formatting
is
> > a pain w/ Outlook's editor.  If you need that extra security with Rich
Text
> > Format messages, use Word as your email editor to get the job done.

> > --
> > Neo [MVP-Outlook]

> > Are you considering installing the Email Security Patch or Office 2000
> > Service Pack 2?
> > Read this page first and consider your choice carefully if you depend on
> > accessing specific attachments or have programs that need access to
> > Outlook's address book.
> > http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm



> > > When I configure an email in word using underlined text, numbers, bold
> > > text etc., it is not always received looking the wayu I wrote it.

> > > What might I be doing wrong?

> > > TIA

> > > Louise

> It's an individual free standing machine and I'm using Outlook 2000.

> I did start using Word as my email editor but certain functions don't
> seem to work correctly.  When I compose the message, underlined and bold
> work fine.  But when it is received (this time by another email account
> on my own machine), underline and bold are both gone although other
> formatting such as numbered paragraphs, are fine.

> Any ideas?

> Louise



Tue, 08 Jul 2003 23:36:46 GMT  
 Outlook 2ooo Sending in Word

Quote:
> What message format are you using?  (See Tools | Options | Mail Format.)




> > > If you are behind an Exchange server, the administrator can level your
> rich
> > > text message to plain text.  Other things to consider is that formatting
> is
> > > a pain w/ Outlook's editor.  If you need that extra security with Rich
> Text
> > > Format messages, use Word as your email editor to get the job done.

> > > --
> > > Neo [MVP-Outlook]

> > > Are you considering installing the Email Security Patch or Office 2000
> > > Service Pack 2?
> > > Read this page first and consider your choice carefully if you depend on
> > > accessing specific attachments or have programs that need access to
> > > Outlook's address book.
> > > http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm



> > > > When I configure an email in word using underlined text, numbers, bold
> > > > text etc., it is not always received looking the wayu I wrote it.

> > > > What might I be doing wrong?

> > > > TIA

> > > > Louise

> > It's an individual free standing machine and I'm using Outlook 2000.

> > I did start using Word as my email editor but certain functions don't
> > seem to work correctly.  When I compose the message, underlined and bold
> > work fine.  But when it is received (this time by another email account
> > on my own machine), underline and bold are both gone although other
> > formatting such as numbered paragraphs, are fine.

> > Any ideas?

> > Louise

Microsoft Outlook Rich Text and I have the box checked for using MS Word.

Actually, I have no particular interest in using Word for email.  What I
want to be able to set margins, choose font size and generally create an
attractive easy to read email.  I don't find that the Outlook default
meets these criteria.

Is there a better way?

TIA

Louise



Wed, 09 Jul 2003 12:16:26 GMT  
 Outlook 2ooo Sending in Word
I understand, but Outlook 2000's email editor doesn't offer a lot ability
when it comes to formatting messages.  This is why you have to enable Word
as the editor and use Rich Text Formal.

--- original message

Quote:
> Microsoft Outlook Rich Text and I have the box checked for using MS Word.

> Actually, I have no particular interest in using Word for email.  What I
> want to be able to set margins, choose font size and generally create an
> attractive easy to read email.  I don't find that the Outlook default
> meets these criteria.

> Is there a better way?

> TIA

> Louise



Thu, 10 Jul 2003 03:28:50 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Word 2OOO OFFICE

2. outlook patch for windows 2ooo professional

3. Outlook 2ooo gpf errors

4. office 2ooo

5. WinXP and Office 2ooo

6. Norton 2ooo shows date issues with several microsoft products including windows 95

7. Send To Mail recipient in Word stops Outlook until message is sent

8. Outlook won't send email when you click send or send/receive

9. SEND button does not send in Outlook 2000 when sending an attachment from another program

10. Can't send in Outlook 2000 but can send in Outlook Express


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group