email addresses now show full address, not just name 
Author Message
 email addresses now show full address, not just name

When I imported my contacts from Outlook 98 on old computer to Outlook XP on
new computer, some setting changed. I want to show just the person's name
when I address an email, not their full email address. I've searched
settings and help file for Outlook XP, but haven't found how to reset it
this way. Please help. TIA


Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:23:07 GMT  
 email addresses now show full address, not just name
There is no global setting you can change. That's how Outlook 2002 was
designed to show the Display Name. You can reset the Display name manually
for each Contact if you wish.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]


Quote:
> When I imported my contacts from Outlook 98 on old computer to Outlook XP
on
> new computer, some setting changed. I want to show just the person's name
> when I address an email, not their full email address. I've searched
> settings and help file for Outlook XP, but haven't found how to reset it
> this way. Please help. TIA



Sun, 27 Feb 2005 05:50:06 GMT  
 email addresses now show full address, not just name
OK. I guess I'll just be careful to use blind copies if I think someone
might not want another recipient to see their address. Thanks.



Quote:
> There is no global setting you can change. That's how Outlook 2002 was
> designed to show the Display Name. You can reset the Display name manually
> for each Contact if you wish.

> --
> Russ Valentine
> [MVP-Outlook]


> > When I imported my contacts from Outlook 98 on old computer to Outlook
XP
> on
> > new computer, some setting changed. I want to show just the person's
name
> > when I address an email, not their full email address. I've searched
> > settings and help file for Outlook XP, but haven't found how to reset it
> > this way. Please help. TIA



Sun, 27 Feb 2005 09:09:37 GMT  
 email addresses now show full address, not just name
No matter what you set the Display name to, recipients will always be able
to see the e-mail address unless you put it in the BCC field--if not
directly, then by examining its properties.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]


Quote:
> OK. I guess I'll just be careful to use blind copies if I think someone
> might not want another recipient to see their address. Thanks.



> > There is no global setting you can change. That's how Outlook 2002 was
> > designed to show the Display Name. You can reset the Display name
manually
> > for each Contact if you wish.

> > --
> > Russ Valentine
> > [MVP-Outlook]


> > > When I imported my contacts from Outlook 98 on old computer to Outlook
> XP
> > on
> > > new computer, some setting changed. I want to show just the person's
> name
> > > when I address an email, not their full email address. I've searched
> > > settings and help file for Outlook XP, but haven't found how to reset
it
> > > this way. Please help. TIA



Sun, 27 Feb 2005 10:18:56 GMT  
 
 [ 4 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. HELP: email addresses show up as contact name, not email address

2. Address Card View Shows name for email address

3. How to filter by domain name not full email address

4. New Contact addresses not showing in email addresses

5. Outlook Contact email address - want address not name

6. Global address book doesn't show full e-mail address

7. reply to email field showing full address.

8. How do I show full email address headers in Outlook 2000

9. MS Outlook, viewing sendor's full email address or company name

10. including full name with email address


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group