Select all except the first row 
Author Message
 Select all except the first row

could some body help please i would like to select all
task except for the firt one.

many thanks

Karl



Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:52:26 GMT  
 Select all except the first row

Karl,
I assume you are talking about selecting using VBA. Depending on what
you mean by "select" (i.e. just one field (column) or the whole row),
one of the "select" methods in VBA will get you there. Go to VBA help
and look for: "SelectTaskField", "SelectTaskRow" or "SelectColumn".

John
P.S. I'm glad your finger didn't slip from the "i" to an "a" when it
missed the "s":-)



Tue, 01 Nov 2005 00:49:40 GMT  
 Select all except the first row
using the selectall comand using VBA !!

Karl

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----

>Karl,
>I assume you are talking about selecting using VBA.
Depending on what
>you mean by "select" (i.e. just one field (column) or
the whole row),
>one of the "select" methods in VBA will get you there.
Go to VBA help
>and look for: "SelectTaskField", "SelectTaskRow"
or "SelectColumn".

>John
>P.S. I'm glad your finger didn't slip from the "i" to
an "a" when it
>missed the "s":-)
>.



Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:04:45 GMT  
 Select all except the first row
G'day Karl,

This routine will work, assuming that the first couple of
tasks are in ID order. It copes whether the Project
Summary Task is visible or not.

Sub TrialSelectAllButFirst()
    Dim FirstRow As Integer
    Dim NumTasks As Integer
    Application.OutlineShowAllTasks
    SelectBeginning
    FirstRow = ActiveCell.Task.ID
    NumTasks = ActiveProject.NumberOfTasks
    SelectRow Row:=FirstRow + 1, rowrelative:=False, _
    Height:=NumTasks - FirstRow - 1
End Sub

I hope this is helpful.

Regards,

David Stumbles

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>could some body help please i would like to select all
>task except for the firt one.

>many thanks

>Karl

>.



Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:19:01 GMT  
 Select all except the first row

Quote:

> using the selectall comand using VBA !!

> Karl

>> -----Original Message-----

>> Karl,
>> I assume you are talking about selecting using VBA. Depending on what
>> you mean by "select" (i.e. just one field (column) or the whole row),
>> one of the "select" methods in VBA will get you there. Go to VBA help
>> and look for: "SelectTaskField", "SelectTaskRow"
> or "SelectColumn".

>> John
>> P.S. I'm glad your finger didn't slip from the "i" to an "a" when it
>> missed the "s":-)
>> .

Karl,

Can you tell us why you are selecting all the tasks except the first one?
What are you doing with that selection? Often I see people working with
selections when they do not need to - expecially if they have a background
in excel which is very cell based. Perhaps there is a better way to approach
it.

--
Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-mail, but only
infrequently. For Macros and other things check http://masamiki.com/project

-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

+++++++++++++++++++



Tue, 01 Nov 2005 06:57:29 GMT  
 Select all except the first row
Jack,

the reason is the first task is the overall summary bar
for the project. i would like to get the startdate for the
subproject bar which is the second bar. this date will
then be used to select what range i want to print.

Many thanks

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----

>> using the selectall comand using VBA !!

>> Karl

>>> -----Original Message-----

>>> Karl,
>>> I assume you are talking about selecting using VBA.
Depending on what
>>> you mean by "select" (i.e. just one field (column) or
the whole row),
>>> one of the "select" methods in VBA will get you there.
Go to VBA help
>>> and look for: "SelectTaskField", "SelectTaskRow"
>> or "SelectColumn".

>>> John
>>> P.S. I'm glad your finger didn't slip from the "i" to
an "a" when it
>>> missed the "s":-)
>>> .

>Karl,

>Can you tell us why you are selecting all the tasks

except the first one?
Quote:
>What are you doing with that selection? Often I see
people working with
>selections when they do not need to - expecially if they
have a background
>in excel which is very cell based. Perhaps there is a

better way to approach
Quote:
>it.

>--
>Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-
mail, but only
>infrequently. For Macros and other things check

http://masamiki.com/project

- Show quoted text -

Quote:

>-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

>+++++++++++++++++++

>.



Tue, 01 Nov 2005 17:14:53 GMT  
 Select all except the first row
HI,

TO get the start date of the first task use:

Activeproject.tasks(1).Start

--
Rod Gill
Project MVP
For Microsoft Project companion projects, best practices and Project VBA
development services
visit www.projectlearning.com/

Quote:
> Jack,

> the reason is the first task is the overall summary bar
> for the project. i would like to get the startdate for the
> subproject bar which is the second bar. this date will
> then be used to select what range i want to print.

> Many thanks

> >-----Original Message-----

> >> using the selectall comand using VBA !!

> >> Karl

> >>> -----Original Message-----

> >>> Karl,
> >>> I assume you are talking about selecting using VBA.
> Depending on what
> >>> you mean by "select" (i.e. just one field (column) or
> the whole row),
> >>> one of the "select" methods in VBA will get you there.
> Go to VBA help
> >>> and look for: "SelectTaskField", "SelectTaskRow"
> >> or "SelectColumn".

> >>> John
> >>> P.S. I'm glad your finger didn't slip from the "i" to
> an "a" when it
> >>> missed the "s":-)
> >>> .

> >Karl,

> >Can you tell us why you are selecting all the tasks
> except the first one?
> >What are you doing with that selection? Often I see
> people working with
> >selections when they do not need to - expecially if they
> have a background
> >in excel which is very cell based. Perhaps there is a
> better way to approach
> >it.

> >--
> >Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check e-
> mail, but only
> >infrequently. For Macros and other things check
> http://masamiki.com/project

> >-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

> >+++++++++++++++++++

> >.



Wed, 02 Nov 2005 06:29:16 GMT  
 Select all except the first row
Cheers ROD

many thanks

:)

Quote:
>-----Original Message-----
>HI,

>TO get the start date of the first task use:

>Activeproject.tasks(1).Start

>--
>Rod Gill
>Project MVP
>For Microsoft Project companion projects, best practices
and Project VBA
>development services
>visit www.projectlearning.com/


>> Jack,

>> the reason is the first task is the overall summary bar
>> for the project. i would like to get the startdate for
the
>> subproject bar which is the second bar. this date will
>> then be used to select what range i want to print.

>> Many thanks

>> >-----Original Message-----

>> >> using the selectall comand using VBA !!

>> >> Karl

>> >>> -----Original Message-----

>> >>> Karl,
>> >>> I assume you are talking about selecting using VBA.
>> Depending on what
>> >>> you mean by "select" (i.e. just one field (column)
or
>> the whole row),
>> >>> one of the "select" methods in VBA will get you
there.
>> Go to VBA help
>> >>> and look for: "SelectTaskField", "SelectTaskRow"
>> >> or "SelectColumn".

>> >>> John
>> >>> P.S. I'm glad your finger didn't slip from the "i"
to
>> an "a" when it
>> >>> missed the "s":-)
>> >>> .

>> >Karl,

>> >Can you tell us why you are selecting all the tasks
>> except the first one?
>> >What are you doing with that selection? Often I see
>> people working with
>> >selections when they do not need to - expecially if
they
>> have a background
>> >in excel which is very cell based. Perhaps there is a
>> better way to approach
>> >it.

>> >--
>> >Please try to keep replies in this group. I do check
e-
>> mail, but only
>> >infrequently. For Macros and other things check
>> http://masamiki.com/project

>> >-Jack Dahlgren, Project MVP

>> >+++++++++++++++++++

>> >.

>.



Wed, 02 Nov 2005 07:03:30 GMT  
 Select all except the first row
Karl,

I'm glad you got your answer. As you can see it is often useful to indicate
what you are going to do with the information so that you can get a better
way of doing something.

-Jack

Quote:

> Cheers ROD

> many thanks

> :)
>> -----Original Message-----
>> HI,

>> TO get the start date of the first task use:

>> Activeproject.tasks(1).Start

>> --
>> Rod Gill

+++++++++++++++++++


Sat, 05 Nov 2005 01:27:41 GMT  
 
 [ 9 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Finding a Range of numbers and deleting all except the first row

2. select rows with similar variable in first column

3. select rows with similar variable in first column

4. Help please: selecting first and last row of data

5. Delete Blank Rows, But First Select Range

6. Select first column in current row

7. Selecting first empty row

8. How to select first cell in current row?

9. Select First row in a Named Range

10. Select first free row


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group