fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch 
Author Message
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch

I use Outlook with multiple profiles forMail and OE 6 as Outnews with
multiple Identities : Can I use the IDforOE.vbs file in this context?

Thanks

Gordon



Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:31:22 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch


Quote:
> I use Outlook with multiple profiles forMail and OE 6 as Outnews with
> multiple Identities : Can I use the IDforOE.vbs file in this context?

Yes, just change the last line of the script from this:
    WSHShell.Run "Msimn.exe"
to this:
    WSHShell.Run "Msimn.exe /outnews"

You should use /outnews *only* if you also set Outlook (not Outlook
Express) as the default mail AND news clients. If you have another email
program, you should use the switch /newsonly to open OE without mail
functions.

--
----Please post questions and replies in the newsgroups----
Tom Koch MVP
Awareness is free.
Inside Outlook Express:   www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE



Thu, 16 Dec 2004 19:06:28 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch

Quote:


>> I use Outlook with multiple profiles forMail and OE 6 as Outnews with
>> multiple Identities : Can I use the IDforOE.vbs file in this context?

> Yes, just change the last line of the script from this:
>     WSHShell.Run "Msimn.exe"
> to this:
>     WSHShell.Run "Msimn.exe /outnews"

> You should use /outnews *only* if you also set Outlook (not Outlook
> Express) as the default mail AND news clients. If you have another
> email program, you should use the switch /newsonly to open OE without
> mail functions.

Thanks for that reply - another slight complication: I also use a program
called OE-Quotefix. (It enables custom headers as above apart from other
things :-) ). Can I replace "Msimn.exe" with the location of the *.exe for
OE-Quotefix?

Thanks

Gordon



Fri, 17 Dec 2004 20:15:32 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch


Quote:
> Thanks for that reply - another slight complication: I also use a
> program called OE-Quotefix.

Good! I wish every OE user would use QuoteFix. I can't stand OE without
it.

Quote:
> Can I replace "Msimn.exe" with the location
> of the *.exe for OE-Quotefix?

Yes, instead of this:
WSHShell.Run "Msimn.exe /outnews"

use this:
WSHShell.Run "C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe /outnews"

--
----Please post questions and replies in the newsgroups----
Tom Koch MVP
Awareness is free.
Inside Outlook Express:   www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE



Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:14:37 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch

Quote:


>> Thanks for that reply - another slight complication: I also use a
>> program called OE-Quotefix.

> Good! I wish every OE user would use QuoteFix. I can't stand OE
> without it.

>> Can I replace "Msimn.exe" with the location
>> of the *.exe for OE-Quotefix?

> Yes, instead of this:
> WSHShell.Run "Msimn.exe /outnews"

> use this:
> WSHShell.Run "C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe /outnews"

I've put this line in but I get an error message saying: The System Cannot
find the File Specified.

Yes the file IS in C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\

So what now? Do I have to put a PATH statement in my cofig.sys file?

Thanks

Gordon



Fri, 17 Dec 2004 21:30:44 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch


Quote:



>>> Thanks for that reply - another slight complication: I also use a
>>> program called OE-Quotefix.

>> Good! I wish every OE user would use QuoteFix. I can't stand OE
>> without it.

>>> Can I replace "Msimn.exe" with the location
>>> of the *.exe for OE-Quotefix?

>> Yes, instead of this:
>> WSHShell.Run "Msimn.exe /outnews"

>> use this:
>> WSHShell.Run "C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe /outnews"

> I've put this line in but I get an error message saying: The System
> Cannot find the File Specified.

> Yes the file IS in C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\

WSHShell.Run tried to run the tesxt up to the first space, and pass the
rest as parameters, so it tries to run C:\Program.

Try WSHShell.Run "C:\Progra~1\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe /outnews" instead.



Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:08:03 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch

Quote:





>>>> Thanks for that reply - another slight complication: I also use a
>>>> program called OE-Quotefix.

>>> Good! I wish every OE user would use QuoteFix. I can't stand OE
>>> without it.

>>>> Can I replace "Msimn.exe" with the location
>>>> of the *.exe for OE-Quotefix?

>>> Yes, instead of this:
>>> WSHShell.Run "Msimn.exe /outnews"

>>> use this:
>>> WSHShell.Run "C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe /outnews"

>> I've put this line in but I get an error message saying: The System
>> Cannot find the File Specified.

>> Yes the file IS in C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\

> WSHShell.Run tried to run the tesxt up to the first space, and pass
> the rest as parameters, so it tries to run C:\Program.

> Try WSHShell.Run "C:\Progra~1\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe /outnews"
> instead.

We're getting there. This now opens OE with the Identity Log-on box, but
then goes on to say "OE-QuoteFix.exe could not be found/opened"

What now?



Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:26:09 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch
Tom made a typing error.  Try:

WSHShell.Run "C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe" /outnews

Note where the closing quote is placed.

--
Frank Saunders MS-MVP IE/OE
Please Reply in Newsgroup.  I don't answer email.
http://www.fjsmjs.com



Quote:



>>> Thanks for that reply - another slight complication: I also use a
>>> program called OE-Quotefix.

>> Good! I wish every OE user would use QuoteFix. I can't stand OE
>> without it.

>>> Can I replace "Msimn.exe" with the location
>>> of the *.exe for OE-Quotefix?

>> Yes, instead of this:
>> WSHShell.Run "Msimn.exe /outnews"

>> use this:
>> WSHShell.Run "C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe /outnews"

> I've put this line in but I get an error message saying: The System
> Cannot find the File Specified.

> Yes the file IS in C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\

> So what now? Do I have to put a PATH statement in my cofig.sys file?

> Thanks

> Gordon



Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:45:08 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch

cogitation scribbled:

Quote:
> Tom made a typing error.  Try:

> WSHShell.Run "C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe" /outnews

> Note where the closing quote is placed.

Nope, if I do that I get a "Type Mismatch" error. If I re-set the line to:
WSHShell.Run "C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe /outnews"
I get the Identity Log-on box, but on OE launching, the "OEQuoteFix.exe
cannot be found/Opened" error message comes up.


Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:57:25 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch

cogitation scribbled:

Quote:
> Tom made a typing error.  Try:

> WSHShell.Run "C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe" /outnews

> Note where the closing quote is placed.






>>>> Thanks for that reply - another slight complication: I also use a
>>>> program called OE-Quotefix.

>>> Good! I wish every OE user would use QuoteFix. I can't stand OE
>>> without it.

>>>> Can I replace "Msimn.exe" with the location
>>>> of the *.exe for OE-Quotefix?

>>> Yes, instead of this:
>>> WSHShell.Run "Msimn.exe /outnews"

>>> use this:
>>> WSHShell.Run "C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe /outnews"

>> I've put this line in but I get an error message saying: The System
>> Cannot find the File Specified.

>> Yes the file IS in C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\

>> So what now? Do I have to put a PATH statement in my cofig.sys file?

>> Thanks

>> Gordon

The thing that is so irritating is that if I click the OEQuoteFix icon OE
launches properly (but without the Identity Log-on),if I click the IDforOE
icon, OE launches properly (but without Quotefix) but I can't seem to get
them to work together!


Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:05:52 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch

Quote:

> The thing that is so irritating is that if I click the OEQuoteFix
> icon OE launches properly (but without the Identity Log-on),if I
> click the IDforOE icon, OE launches properly (but without Quotefix)
> but I can't seem to get them to work together!

The attached script will force the logon, launch OE with /outnews, and
then launch OE-QuoteFix. You can edit the script for other command-line
switches. Save the attachment and then rename it to *.vbs instead of
*.txt.

--
----Please post questions and replies in the newsgroups----
Tom Koch MVP
Awareness is free.
Inside Outlook Express:   www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE

  ID4OE-QF.txt
1K Download


Sat, 18 Dec 2004 03:44:22 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch


Quote:






>>>>> Can I replace "Msimn.exe" with the location
>>>>> of the *.exe for OE-Quotefix?

>>>> Yes, instead of this:
>>>> WSHShell.Run "Msimn.exe /outnews"

>>>> use this:
>>>> WSHShell.Run "C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe /outnews"

>>> I've put this line in but I get an error message saying: The System
>>> Cannot find the File Specified.

>>> Yes the file IS in C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\

>> WSHShell.Run tried to run the tesxt up to the first space, and pass
>> the rest as parameters, so it tries to run C:\Program.

>> Try WSHShell.Run "C:\Progra~1\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe /outnews"
>> instead.

> We're getting there. This now opens OE with the Identity Log-on box, but
> then goes on to say "OE-QuoteFix.exe could not be found/opened"

> What now?

OEQF = "C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\OELaunch.exe"
WSHShell.Run OEQF & " /outnews"


Sat, 18 Dec 2004 05:19:54 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch

Quote:

>> The thing that is so irritating is that if I click the OEQuoteFix
>> icon OE launches properly (but without the Identity Log-on),if I
>> click the IDforOE icon, OE launches properly (but without Quotefix)
>> but I can't seem to get them to work together!

> The attached script will force the logon, launch OE with /outnews, and
> then launch OE-QuoteFix. You can edit the script for other command-
> line switches. Save the attachment and then rename it to *.vbs
> instead of *.txt.

Thanks very much! It works! Are you going to add it to your OE site?


Sat, 18 Dec 2004 15:43:44 GMT  
 fao Tom Koch - forcong OE Identity logon using /outnews switch

Quote:

> Thanks very much! It works! Are you going to add it to your OE site?

Yes, I'm planning on adding a page of useful OE scripts. Now if I can
just find the time to get it done while working a full schedule, and
doing this years taxes, and searching for a new house, and entertaining
loads of friends on holiday who think I'm on holiday too, and ....
--
----Please post questions and replies in the newsgroups----
Tom Koch MVP
Awareness is free.
Inside Outlook Express:   www.tomsterdam.com/insideOE


Sat, 18 Dec 2004 20:01:50 GMT  
 
 [ 14 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. fao Tom Koch - another query re Outnews

2. FAO Tom Koch / Robert Aldwynckle

3. Tom Koch - OE, Security, Preview Pane

4. OE Identity Login / Switched Identities Application Error

5. OE Identity Switch Closes OE

6. OE 6 w/ XP When I switch identities OE shuts down

7. Outlook Express 6.0 with Windows XP - TOM KOCH PLEASE READ AND HEL

8. ActiveX error - Tom Koch's idforoe.vbs

9. Tom Koch's 18 November 2004 article at microsoft.com

10. Tom Koch Great Article Please Read XP SP2 User Must Read


 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group